Is it too much to aim to make our university a place to flourish both for students and staff? I'm sure you've seen Sir Ken Robinson's TED talks update last year before but I thought worth posting: TED Talk update
Hi, a quick introduction. My name is Michelle Boardman and I'm the Senior Academic Manager for UDOL. At the moment we don't have any LTAs, so I'm stepping in! As you may know we have a curriculum that covers lots of subject areas so I'm keen to work with you to learn more about best practice and innovative pedagogy within your faculties.
I'm also hoping we can work together to develop some learning resources which can be of benefit to online and on campus students and staff.
Very good to meet you Michelle. Perhaps we could arrange to meet to discuss things directly at some point?
Developing learning resources is a really good idea. I hope we might be able to cover some ground with sharing what we do within the university more effectively.
I gather there are further questions bubbling about regarding assessment criteria. We may need to discuss this more widely as a group and I'd welcome any general comments about your perspective.
Have all assignments now got specific assessment criteria? Is this well communicated? Are students involved in evaluating the related standards? Are there questions emerging about how best to do this?
Let's discuss. Some best practice examples would be extremely useful if possible to share. Where is this working well?
Following on from last week's meeting I'm interested in Observation of Teaching. People mentioned various approaches, any further reading you could signpost me to? Thanks
A great place to start! I hope this network space can provide a really efficient way of improving communication across the LTA network.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I have my own blog at: Creativity Blog if you're interested...
ReplyDeleteIs it too much to aim to make our university a place to flourish both for students and staff? I'm sure you've seen Sir Ken Robinson's TED talks update last year before but I thought worth posting: TED Talk update
ReplyDeleteI found this Linkedin post by Dan Sanker quite interesting: Are we superheroes?
ReplyDeleteHi, a quick introduction. My name is Michelle Boardman and I'm the Senior Academic Manager for UDOL. At the moment we don't have any LTAs, so I'm stepping in! As you may know we have a curriculum that covers lots of subject areas so I'm keen to work with you to learn more about best practice and innovative pedagogy within your faculties.
ReplyDeleteI'm also hoping we can work together to develop some learning resources which can be of benefit to online and on campus students and staff.
I look forward to meeting you all, Michelle
Very good to meet you Michelle. Perhaps we could arrange to meet to discuss things directly at some point?
DeleteDeveloping learning resources is a really good idea. I hope we might be able to cover some ground with sharing what we do within the university more effectively.
Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris
DeleteA meeting sounds good. You should be able to view my diary so please do send an invite!
Michelle
I gather there are further questions bubbling about regarding assessment criteria. We may need to discuss this more widely as a group and I'd welcome any general comments about your perspective.
ReplyDeleteHave all assignments now got specific assessment criteria? Is this well communicated? Are students involved in evaluating the related standards? Are there questions emerging about how best to do this?
Let's discuss. Some best practice examples would be extremely useful if possible to share. Where is this working well?
Thanks,
Chris
Following on from last week's meeting I'm interested in Observation of Teaching. People mentioned various approaches, any further reading you could signpost me to? Thanks
ReplyDeleteHi Michelle,
ReplyDeleteA couple of useful links to further reading around 'Peer Observation of Teaching':
http://www.westga.edu/~distance/ojdla/summer162/eskey_roehrich162.html
http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/hlst/resources/a-zdirectory/peer_observation
You may have to copy and paste into your browser.....
Best wishes,
Chris.